Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:05 am Post subject: Angelica Chavez’s Back Down
Good afternoon all,
After reading the news item about the back down by Angelica Chavez I wonder about the professionalism of people in this sport. Angelicas form in backing out of fights she has signed for without a valid reason tends it indicate a fighter with the heart of a chicken. If there are valid reasons for backing out I will withdraw that statement.
If I were the promoter concerned I would:
1. Black list Chavez from all my promotions,
2. Sue her and her people for damages,
3. Insure that any money’s I had paid to her were recovered
4. Work flat out to arrange a replacement fighter, and
5. Ensure Chavez’s lack of professionalism was well published throughout the WMMA community.
Some may think I’m a hard bastard, but if you want this sport to be respected you need the fighters to be professional. I believe the majority are.
I have to say this person is right, this fighter should not be allowed to fight on any promotion anymore! period no questions asked.
Don’t forget to check out fightergirls.com for more coverage and audio of the last person that Angelica’s side did too…